Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and if you are anything like me you haven’t even thought about it! But don’t fear, because we are here with the perfect Valentine’s Day celebration ideas that will have your valentine showering you in love or feeling bad because they forgot you. Our ideas are super easy and super adorable!
Why not spoil them in chocolate and berries, or perhaps you want to win them over with a homemade item from your little one? Either way we have you covered.
Read on for your no fail Valentine’s day celebration ideas!
NO COOK WHITE CHOCOLATE HEART TARTS
These are the easiest and simply the yummiest dessert, I can’t guarantee they’ll even make it to your valentine’s plate! It’s as simple as process the biscuits, whip the cream, melt the chocolate and add some berries!
1/2 x 200g packet Kingston biscuits
30g butter, melted
1/4 cup thickened cream
45g block white chocolate, melted, cooled
125g fresh raspberries
Icing sugar mixture, for dusting
1. Place biscuits in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add butter. Process until just combined,
2. Divide mixture evenly between two 2cm-deep, 10cm (base) heart-shaped loose-based fluted flan tins (see note). Using the back of a metal teaspoon, press mixture over base and sides of tins. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
3. Whisk cream until soft peaks form. Add chocolate. Using a large metal spoon, gently fold until well combined. Carefully remove biscuit cases from tins. Divide cream mixture between cases. Arrange raspberries on top. Serve.
MELTED CRAYON HEARTS
Perfect for two things – to use those pesky broken crayons up that are filling the bottom of the pencil cases and classroom gifts for your little ones friends. See a step by step guide below.
- Pre heat your oven to 230 degrees
- Peel your crayons (new or old) – Here’s a hot tip so you don’t spend hours doing this step. Place your crayons in a bowl of warm water and the paper will come right off!
- Break your crayons into different sizes and place different pieces into the heart moulds.
- Place your mould onto a tray with baking paper lining it and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven and let them completely cool before popping them out of the moulds.
You will be the coolest parent in the class!
Credit: Heather Christo
HEART AFFIRMATION CARDS
This would have to be my favourite activity to do with for and with your family – and even better because it doesn’t have to stop just because Valentine’s Day is over!
Heart shaped personalised affirmation cards are a beautiful way to remind your little one or loved one just how much you love them.
The idea is you leave heart shaped cards around the house with handwritten notes that tells them just how great they are.
Examples can be:
“I love the way you give me a big hugs in the mornings”
“Thank you for putting the kids to bed last night”
“The way you dance and sing is my favourite”
“You are so special to me”
Leave them around the house anywhere, it could be stuck to the bathroom mirror or with their plate at breakfast time. You could put them in their lunch box or on the coffee machine.
Source: Unknown from Pinterest
So, there you have it! Three super simple and adorable ideas for your last minute Valentine’s Day Celebrations!
How will you be celebrating Valentine’s Day this year? We’d love to hear about it!