Zara’s Unicorn First party was put together by her mummy Courtney. She planned and styled this lovely party all on her own. Read on to learn more how she achieved this theme.
I chose unicorns because they are simply magical and mystical. We love them so thought it was the perfect theme for her First Birthday party!
For the decorations, we mainly used the pink and lilac donut wall with a unicorn head in the top centre and Lolly bar as the focal point for the decorating and styling. It was simple but worked perfectly! The colour theme was mainly lots of pink and lilac and we added some gold touches as well! We also added lots of glitter and sparkle just to make it even more fabulous!
For the food, we served sweets to match the theme!!! We had Fairy bread, glitter jelly with a gold unicorn horn, popcorn, donuts decorated to match the cake, unicorn shaped cookies, and Number 1 shaped cookies with some gold speckles, unicorn head cake pops, cake and pink fairy floss with personalised stickers, and pink and gold lollies! We also did roast meat rolls for lunch as it’s starting to get cooler in Canberra.
For favours, we gave away some bubble wands and lollies to our guests. They were also able to take home personalised chocolate bars and fairy floss on sticks.
The suppliers I used for the party were:
- Styling and Lolly bar set up table and jars – Myself
- Lollies purchased from Candy Bar Sydney and Big W
- Donut wall – Decorated myself
- Fairyfloss – Under the Cotton Tree
- Donuts – Donut King
- Unicorn donuts- Haravah Delights Cake
- Cake and cake pops- Little Bird Custom Creations
- Chocolate bars, drink labels, invitations and birthday board – Print & Party
- Unicorn cheesecakes – Myself
- Sprinkles used in cheesecakes – Scruse
- Cookies- Lulu & Sis
- Photographer – Kayleigh McGlynn Photography
- Jumping Castle – Borrowed from a friend
- Zara’s dress- Arabella and Rose
Zara is just one, so she didn’t really know what was going on, but she knew people were there for her! She was so happy running around and clapping, so I knew she understood there was a party going on! It was magical, so perfect, and she had a great time with family and friends.
Create this look with our Whimsical Unicorn Party Theme